Good sleep is as important as good food, so let's discuss how to improve the quality of sleep? How to have a sound, healthy sleep and how to get rid of insomnia and sleep interruptions. Here are some important tips for you:
- Train yourself to go to bed and wake up at the same time. Routine is a very important component of any progress. You can’t just make it in a few days of the right regimen. The right regimen should be your way of life and you should enjoy the way you fall asleep and wake up in the morning.
- Remember, a person needs at least 7-9 hours of sleep every day. Adults should regularly sleep 7 hours or more per night. Some, particularly young people and people with chronic diseases, need even more – up to 9 hours of sleep per night. Insufficient sleep can affect your health and ability to make decisions, increase the risk of accidents on the road, and lead to mistakes.
- Try to go to bed around 9 or 10pm. The best time to sleep is from 9pm to 6am. You may notice the difference right away. If you don’t want to keep silencing the alarm clock in the morning and feel overwhelmed, then it’s best to listen to your biorhythms and start adjusting your schedule.
- Include СBD oil in your diet. It is very well known for its properties, few of the benefits are sleep assist and help with anxiety. CBD oil helps to fall asleep and stay asleep, making your sleep much more peaceful. As your sleep improves, your quality of life will also get a better. You will feel well-rested and full of energy for a new working day.
In general, you will find that CBD oil can help increase overall sleep duration as well as help with insomnia. Even if you suffer from chronic pain, the calming nature of CBD, its anti-inflammatory properties will help you ease acute pain so you can sleep better.
shop button to see all the products containing high-quality CBD that is approved in US.
Another thing that makes CBD oil good for sleep is that it can help reduce behavioral disorders during REM sleep (also called parasomnia - when the patient begins to actually (behaviorally) participate in the plots of their dreams during sleep) in people with Parkinson's disease. This disorder can disrupt sleep. Whenever you use CBD oil, it acts as a sedative to improve sleep.
- Dim the lights in the room and your whole house 1 hour before bedtime. Our circadian cycles respond to the amount of light, not just sunlight, but also artificial light. As soon as it gets dark, our brain understands that we need to go to bed.
- Air out the room where you sleep. Fresh air and the absence of harsh odors will help you fall asleep easier.
- The recommended room temperature should be between 60 to 72 degrees Studies have shown that this is the optimal temperature for comfortable sleep.
- Avoid using gadgets before bed, instead of scrolling through the news feed do something that calms you down, such as reading a book or some kind of routine activity. Routine activity helps you fall asleep faster and easier.
- Do not watch news or films that can disturb you, the nervous system needs to calm down to sleep better.
- The last meal before bedtime should be 3-4 hours before bedtime. Do not overload dinner with food that contains a lot of carbohydrates and fats. Remember, last meal of the day should be light but balanced.
- Limit coffee intake in the afternoon. Caffeine not only invigorates and complicates the process of falling asleep, but it also affects the phases of sleep, namely, it reduces the phases of deep sleep and disrupts the phases of REM sleep. This leads to the fact that a person in the morning feels sleepy. Remember that this applies to other foods that contain caffeine, such as tea.
- No alcohol before bed. According to the London Sleep Center, alcohol reduces the duration of falling asleep and induces deep sleep. However, the cycle of "REM" sleep, during which dreams appear and which are essential for recuperation, suffers. Drinking alcohol at night disrupts the natural cycles of sleep and wakefulness.
- Do not engage in vigorous physical activity before going to bed. Best time to exercise is 3-6 hours before bedtime.
- Choose comfortable sleepwear. Comfortable pillow, and duvet congruent to room temperatur.
- Use the bed only for sleeping. Don't watch movies, don't eat, don't play computer games in bed. Train your brain that the bed is where you sleep. And if you can’t fall asleep for a long time, don’t stay in bed - get up, walk around the apartment, take a shower or engage in calm activity. After a while return to bed and try to fall asleep again.
- In the afternoon, avoid caffeinated drinks such as coffee, black and green tea, and Coca-Cola. Chocolate also contains caffeine and theobromines. Caffeine excites the nervous system and even if you fall asleep easily, it can affect the quality of your sleep. So drink your favorite coffee in the morning.
A good night's sleep is essential for your physical and mental health. Sufficient sleep:
- improves the ability to learn, remember and solve problems;
- lowers blood pressure;
- helps control weight;
- strengthens the immune system, thanks to which the body fights infections;
- helps the body recover;
- allows you to be more active throughout the day.
Remember, quality sleep, full sleep is the key to our health, energy and even creativity.
Start exploring our collection here.